Monday, February 11, 2008

New Beginnings.....

July 14, 2007

A whiff of morning breeze touched my face,
And I woke up in a daze,
Said I,"Today is just another morning, lemme' sleep some more,"
"It's your 1st day of college...wake up," my mom called from the door.

A sudden soar of excitement pricked me like a porcupine,
Oh boy! This was the day I'd been waiting for since a lifetime!
I jumped out of bed n' saw my face in the mirror,
It glowed with excitement as i took a quick shower.

Slipping on some clothes n' looking like a princess,
I strutted off to college for a new life to harness.
"What kind of people will I meet?" was a constant doubt I had,
"Will they accept n' like me for the person I am??"

Thinking thus, I reached the portals of my institution,
Only to find every face around me, drenched in apprehension!!
Some were dressed like desi dolls, some like models of Dior,
But the common thread that bound us all was the intense feeling of fear!

Thinking about my two best friends, I made my way to class,
Looking up at me from their seats, I found, was every lad n lass!
In the first meeting itself I struck up a conversation with some,
Eventually I realised that I was seated amidst conjurors of fun!!!

It's been a week now since that delightful first day,
And these 7 days have taught us to stick together like clay!
Every one of us seems to have a story to tell,
Honestly...I never thought that in such a short time, in my heart they would dwell!!


It's an entirely different story now!!!!!......Guess I'll hafta start all over again!

No comments: