Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And he called to say goodbye........

August 24, 2007
I was in the middle of a class today when my mobile suddenly started vibrating in my jeans pocket. Mobiles are supposedly "banned" in the college but every dude n' dudette around sport the latest gadgets n show them off to their optimum level. I don't really qualify under 1 of them but yeah...I must admit that I have one too...not really the best in the market but serves the purpose of communication as it had done at that moment...

So who was calling me after all? Who would wanna talk to me? With these questions whirring in my mind, I felt an extreme urge to get my phone out n' look at the caller's name. And that I managed to do with some expertise, in the middle of a boring drone of a lecture!! Did I say I was bored? I no longer was!! I had kangaroos leaping about in my stomach when I saw the name of the person who had called! And the joy apparently showed on my face! I couldn't conceal my excitement at seeing his name on the caller ID...I was unconsciously smiling away to glory! Why else would the lecturer start pelting bits of chalk at me? But the lecturer was just plain lucky today....no amount of her physical abuse would be subject to retaliation from me...I was too happy to waste my time on her! On 2nd thoughts, only she was lucky, I wasn't......the call had ended by then:(

It was just a matter of 5 minutes before my mobile started ringing again. I felt a sudden jolt in the pit of my stomach when I realised that it was him! He still remembered me...still thought of me! It wasn't really goodbye after all...it was just a small rift, wasn't it?...I knew things would be OK...n' I was right, wasn't I? He was calling me!!....trying to get in touch...trying to renew the friendship at where we had left it....

to be continued........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....oh! I am waiting....
:)

Anonymous said...

nice waiting for your next post