Monday, February 11, 2008

As we go on.........

May 29, 2007

I’ve passed another ‘stumbling block’ in life. After 2 years of blood & sweat, I've finally successfully completed the stint of junior college. Yeah! I’m supposed to have grown out of the overwhelming excitement of the last benches, giggles at the silliest jokes or just about anything on this planet, the fury & the anger when things went wrong, endless comments among ourselves about the cute guy across the street, the tears of teenage…..In another few months I’ll be a legal adult n those things I mentioned above will be reduced to “childish crap”. But as I look back in retrospection at these 2 years that passed faster than a tornado, I’m compelled to think…..to think of all the good...good? No, great times spent with my friends, of all the moments that brought us closer n closer to each other, of those fiery debates n discussions we had n those comments n catcalls we passed at all those movies(not to forget the tears we shed), of all those times when we laughed our heads off at what someone said or maybe even what someone didn’t say!! Oh! I’ll miss it all so much!!

As I kept thinking I realized 1 thing……..there still are a whole lot of things that have been left unsaid! It probably is too late now….I might never see them again. All of us have set out to fulfill our own dreams n aspirations, ambitions n goals, a path from where there would be no turning back!! No time for each other coz’ we’ll probably have more important people stepping into our lives...new friends,newer ideologies n bigger agendas.There is a 99% probability that we'll prepare a list of possible topics to speak about before picking up that telephone on the desk to actually dial the number of those friends to revive old ties & despite all that effort we might still be unsuccessful at striking up a rational conversation n as a last resort end up talking only about the last movie we watched, books, music, politics n then _________....silence...the 1 thing I dread the most in this world...

I never once thought that an association so close could fall apart so easily!! We shed our emotions n feelings for each other as easily as trees shed in autumn & snakes shed their skin. It pains me!! So before we move too ahead in the race of life...to a place where we cannot even see the baseline....I'd like to tell you folks a big big THANK YOU for all those moments that made life worth living!! It was fun!! It was nice....It was life!!!!!!!

No comments: